HOME>SCENIC SPOTS
Longevity Hill Spots
Pavilion of Forgotten Desires and Accompanying Clouds (Yichi Yunzai)

229300686.jpg

Originally built during Emperor Qianlong’s reign (1736-1795), this was a hall without walls under a traditional roof. Burned down in 1860 by the Anglo-French Allied Forces, it was restored during Emperor Guangxu’s reign (1875-1908). It got its name from a line in a poem entitled The Pavilion on the River, by Du Fu(712-770), a great poet of the Tang Dynasty. According to the poem, “The water flows fast but the mind is at rest, clouds are there but desires are forgotten”.