Longevity Hill Spots
Shanxian Temple (Shanxian Si)


Originally built during Emperor Qianlong’s reign (1736-1795), this was a Buddhist temple located on the east side of the back of Longevity Hill. In 1860, the Anglo-French Allied Forces razed the temple to the ground. Only the front gate and one side building survived. Shanxian was one of the ten disciples of Buddha Sakyamuni.