HOME>SCENIC SPOTS
Longevity Hill Spots
Xieqiu Xuan (Painting the Autumn Chamber)

229261594.jpg

Painting the Autumn Chamber lies to the east of Longevity Hill. Built in the 20th year of Emperor Qianlong’s reign (1755) and burned down in 1860 by the Anglo-French Allied Forces, the chamber was rebuilt under Emperor Guangxu. The front hall is composed of three rooms built on top of a high base, and is linked to two side pavilions called “Watching the Living Beings” and “Seeking the Clouds” by uphill corridors. Lying in all its splendor amidst a forest on the hill, the chamber was a wonderful vantage point from which to enjoy the autumn views.