Originally built in the reign of Emperor Qianlong and burned down by the Anglo-French Allied Forces in 1860, these structures were rebuilt in the reign of Emperor Guangxu. The central structure is a two-storey octahedral building, with two pavilions and two towers to both its east and west. At the back are a white stone gateway and a smaller hall of three rooms. All these structures are linked by hillside corridors. As these structures were built on the side of the hill they present an all-encompassing view of the surrounding area. Walking along the corridors while enjoying the breath-taking scenery gives one the feeling of being inside a painting, hence the name “Strolling through a Picture Scroll”.