HOME>SCENIC SPOTS
Kunming Lake Area
Erkong Zha (Double Culvert Water Gate)

229523196.jpg

This water gate was originally built during Emperor Qianlong’s reign (1736-1795). After the emperor had the Kunming Lake expanded, there were eight outlets in the lake which supplied water to the surrounding rice paddies, as well as to the other imperial gardens nearby. The Double Culvert Water Gate was one such outlet. The original gate has been preserved and is popularly referred to as “Double Dragon Gate”.