HOME>SCENIC SPOTS
Kunming Lake Area
Changguan Tang (Hall of Good Sight)

cgt.jpg

Originally built during Emperor Qianlong’s reign (1736-1795) and burned down by the Anglo-French Allied Forces, this hall was rebuilt during Emperor Guangxu’s reign (1875-1908). The main structure consists of seven bays. A side hall and a small pavilion stood to each side of the main structure. Built so high up and in such a cool place with the surrounding area so very quiet, the hall provided a good vantage point from which Emperor Qianlong could watch farmers working in the fields outside the Summer Palace.