HOME>SCENIC SPOTS
Back of Longevity Hill
Hall of Serenity (Danning Tang)

5-2.jpg5-1.png

First built during Emperor Qianlong’s reign (1736-1795), it was an important building in the Bank Lake area,nestling by the hill and facing the lake,it was burned down by the Anglo-French Allied Forces in 1860, and was not rebuilt when the Summer Palace was reconstructed during Emperor Guangxu’s reign (1875-1908). After careful preparation, this hall was rebuilt in 1996 on the original site in its original style. On display in the hall is precious furniture from the imperial court of the Ming and Qing dynasties.